Children learn best when home and school work together. Here at Castle Hill School we feel that parents have the right to feel welcome and to know that their children work, play and learn in friendly, safe and helpful environment.
As in all other areas of the school Family Liaison focuses on the Every Child Matters agenda of:
- Being Healthy
- Staying Safe
- Enjoying and Achieving
- Making a Positive Contribution
- Achieving Economic Wellbeing
At Castle Hill we are happy to support families and students in a wide variety of ways including:
- Emotional and practical support
- Liaison with all other agencies for example:
- School Nurse,
- Sensory Services,
- Occupational Therapist,
- Speech and Language Service,
- Wheelchair Services.
- Attending outpatients appointments in a supportive role when invited to do so by you.
- Attending reviews.
- Attending visits to your home by any member of the school or multi-disciplinary team when invited to do so.
- Establishing two - way inclusive links into mainstream schools and Castle Hill for the benefit of all schools, pupils, families and communities.
- Raising the profile of disability issues for children and families with disabilities.
Our aim is to provide all families and children within the community of Castle Hill School a single point of contact to ensure communication between home and school is successful.
Sally Metcalfe is the Family Liaison and Outreach Support Officer for the families of students at Castle Hill School. If you want to contact us about a particular issue or you just need someone to listen, Sally is available on 01484 226659 from 9.00 - 4.00 pm. You can also email Sally on: email@example.com